Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- While UN security is significantly increased in New York due to terror bombings, UN calls for Israel to act in restraint while being stabbed to death. “I am disturbed by the recent violence over the past week…I call upon authorities on both sides to take measures to preserve calm and avoid escalation.” There have been eight attacks since Friday — six stabbings, a car ramming and a rock throwing, after months of quiet but immediately following the Islamic Feast of the Sacrifice. Avoid escalation after 8 or more attacks in 3 days…dude, too late. Or are you suggesting Israel avoid responding and just lie around and bleed to death for peace?
- Miami beats Zika? U.S. health officials on Monday stopped warning pregnant women to stay out of Miami’s Wynwood district, they credited aerial pesticide spraying with killing mosquitoes that transmit the Zika virus. No new cases of Zika have been reported in Wynwood since early August. Health officials said that over the past several weeks, mosquito control workers there have seen fewer of the insects, the main culprits in spreading the virus. “The message with Wynwood is it was a huge success,’” said U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Kol Hakavod to the local governments for effective action!
- Stabbing epidemic in Israel continues, 4 on Monday, 2 attempts already on Tuesday. Monday sees four attacks, with “Palestinians” complaining about stores being forced to close while police secure attack areas. More attacks already on Tuesday.
- Syria ends cease fire, returning to attacking rebels and civilians in Aleppo. “Syria’s army announces the end of the freeze on fighting.” Yet, the US State Department responded “our arrangement for a Syrian cease fire is with Russia, so Syria can’t end it”. Over 300,000 people have been killed in Syria’s war, now in its sixth year, with more than 13 million people driven from their homes. We suspect the US State Department has been vacationing in Colorado.
- Syrian airstrikes hit UN relief convey headed to Aleppo, Red Crescent chief killed. Air strikes hit around 20 aid trucks outside a Red Crescent center in the Syrian province of Aleppo. The convoy was crossing into Orum al-Kubra with “wheat flour, health supplies and other emergency supplies” for 78,000 people. The US State Department said it was prepared to extend the ceasefire window in the hopes that it held.
- India suffers massive terror attack on army from Pakistan muslims. On Sunday seventeen Indian soldiers were killed by terrorists thought to come from a Islamic terror group based in Pakistan. Their army base in Kashmir was infiltrated and they were then attacked with grenades.
…support the Jewish News Skim, click here.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)