Avoid the SHTUSS yet be an informed smart Jew while standing on one leg! Here’s the news being talked about by Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- The Story of the The Jewish Avengers who tried to poison the Nazis comes to light. Jewish “Avengers” carried out a mass poisoning of former SS men in an American prisoner-of-war camp in 1946 which sickened more than 2,200 Germans but ultimately caused no known deaths. A recently declassified U.S. military report obtained by The Associated Press has only added to the mystery of why the brazen operation did not kill Nazis, because it shows the amount of arsenic used should have been fatal to tens of thousands.
- Gruesome Discovery In German Max Planck Institute Raises Questions About Holocaust-era Experiments. Amid recent construction efforts at a branch of a German research institute in Munich, dozens of human body parts were uncovered dating back to the WWII era. Mostly brain and brain parts found in the building were remains from those murdered in Nazi human experiments, which were inhumanely conducted on live Jewish prisoners including children, during the Holocaust. During WWII, the institute regularly received human body parts from Nazi members such as the infamous Auschwitz physician Josef Mengele. It was previously believed that all samples taken from victims of the Nazi regime had been located and buried in the 1990s.
- U.S. court throws out $655 million judgement against Palestinian Authority for terrorism. A US Appeals Court threw out a $655 million terrorism judgment from February 2015 against the Palestinian Authority, in a blow to efforts to hold it liable in American courts for attacks in Israel during the second intifada that killed 33 Americans. The appealed judgment was the biggest judgment ever against the PA in the US and one of the first major anti-terrorism rulings. The appeals court said that neither the attacks nor the PA or PLO had sufficient ties to the US, including their lobbying activities, for American courts to have jurisdiction. It also found no evidence the attacks specifically targeted American citizens. Rather, it called them “random and fortuitous.”
- Whitehouse again rails against Israelis building homes in their towns in the West Bank. In natural growth in Israeli towns in Judea and Samaria, the planning authority authorized 50 homes, retroactively legalized 179 units just over the Green Line and advanced plans for a 234-unit project for senior housing in Elkana. The US spokesman said “This significant expansion of settlement activity poses a serious and growing threat to the viability of a two-state solution.” (because senior Jews should sleep in the street!) In related news, the Jewish town of Kedumim in the Shomron (West Bank) celebrated it’s 40th year. The town was established in 1977 and boasts 4,100 residents.
- Hipsters wearing Tallit ponchos for only $375. Fashion retailers Old Navy and H&M both made waves by selling items that looked remarkably like a tallit, or traditional Jewish prayer shawl. And now, high-end hipster label Rag & Bone is hawking its “Ines Poncho,” a wool-blend garment adorned with fringe and banded stripes that recall the prayer garments of observant Jews. Jew’s, we’re in fashion!
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)