Avoid the SHTUSS yet be an informed smart Jew while standing on one leg! Here’s the news being talked about by Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- ISIS moving closer to Israel. ISIS-linked coalition advancing on the Yarmouk Valley region located in the triple border junction only a few kilometers from the area between Israel's Golan Heights, Jordan and Syria. There have also been multiple previous reports of ISIS using chemical weapons in the region. Despite their close proximity to the Israeli border, the terrorists have not extended an explicit threat against Israel and appear to remain centered on the internal Syrian conflict. Nonetheless, Israeli security forces have long kept a close eye on the activities near Israel's northern border.
- Mass graves of ISIS victims found in Iraq and Syria. Journalists have found and mapped at least 72 mass graves in Iraq and 17 in Syria. The number of known victims of mass slaughter of civilians ranges from 5,200 to more than 15,000, and includes Yazidis, Kurds, and even mass murder of 1,700 captured Iraqi soldiers.
- Israel eases restrictions in export of counter-terrorism products. Israel’s Defense Ministry announced an easing of restrictions on the export of unclassified counter-terrorism products to the United States. Other measures include allowing defense companies to market defense goods to 98 countries without needing more than a general marketing license.
- Again cross-border shots from Gaza against Israel. Israeli troops near the border of northern Gaza came under automatic gunfire from the Gaza Strip for the third time in a week. In response, Israeli tanks shelled two Hamas positions in the Gaza strip. Is Hamas trying to start another war? Yes, yes they are.
- 31 shot, 9 dead on Labor Day in Chicago, USA. The most recent homicide left two people dead and three other people wounded in the Lawndale neighborhood on the city's West Side. The five were standing outside in the 2700 block of West Lexington Avenue when someone in a silver minivan opened fire toward the group, which was standing on a sidewalk. The list of shootings is pages long as Chicago seems to be a free fire zone.
- This is what a 21st-century economic collapse looks like in the beginning in the USA – NY Post. Do you see grocery stores closing? Do you see other retailers, like clothing stores and department stores, going out of business? Are you making as much money annually as you did 10 years ago? Do you see homes in neighborhoods becoming run down as the residents either were foreclosed upon, or the owner lost his or her job so he or she can’t afford to cut the grass or paint the house?
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)