—> THANK YOU for the love from who shared some support! You too can show the love - click here.
—> The Jewish News Skim, now with more chutzpah!
Avoid the shtuss yet be an informed smart Jew while standing on one leg! Here’s the news being talked about by Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- Iran actually received $33 BILLION in CASH from the U.S. for the Nuclear Deal, money for terrorism. Between January 2014 and July 2015, when the Obama administration was hammering out the final details of the nuclear accord, (to keep Iran interested) Iran was paid $700 million every month from funds that had previously been frozen by U.S. sanctions. “If the United States freezes accounts linked to al Qaeda or Hamas, releasing it and saying, ‘It’s their money anyway,’ would not be a tenable explanation. Cash payments are highly irregular. And Iran used the money to buy puppies for every child in the country, not to fund Hezbollah and world-wide terrorism. No no, definitely no money for terrorism from Iran.
- Hamas spends $100 million (in international support) on military infrastructure, leaves population homeless and without electricity. Residents of the Gaza Strip endure daily hardships due to the dire economic situation, yet their Hamas leaders spend over $100 million a year on the military. $40 million just on attack tunnels. Hamas, an Islamist terror group avowedly committed to destroying Israel, has allocated tremendous resources to smuggling materials into the Strip that can be used for building weapons. They’re quite happy to suffer if they get a chance to kill some Jews…and the world is quite happy to finance it (under mis-directed humanitarian aide).
- After attempted bombing of Notre Dame in Paris, 3 female terrorists arrested – one killed as she stabs an officer. A female terrorist suspect was gunned down by French police after stabbing an officer during a special forces raid. The group was said to be planning an imminent attack. The terrorists were linked to a car filled with gas canisters that was found close to Notre Dame Cathedral. Angry nuns? Or…religion of peace?
- Jew-Hatred At All Time High. Jew hatred and demonization of Israel are at “the highest level of our lifetimes,” Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations said at a high-level forum on anti-Semitism. “Over 1/3 of European Jews are afraid to wear a yarmulke or Star of David in public,” Danny Danon said. “More than half of French Jews have considered emigrating because they don’t feel safe living as Jews in France. Today we hear things about Jews and the Jewish people that we thought belonged to the pages of history. … Anti-Semitism is returning to everyday life without shame.” It’s ok, it’s only Jews…it’s not like terrorism or jihadis go on to affect others in the world…oh wait.
- All pet Syrian hamsters are descendants of some brought to Jerusalem 86 years ago by Israel's first Hebrew zoologist. All the innumerable descendants of a Syrian hamster family brought to Jerusalem 86 years ago by Israel Aharoni, a zoologist and professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, are among the world’s top pets. 1931, some Hebrew University-raised Syrian hamsters were sent to Britain. In 1937, hamsters born at the British Zoological Society were transferred to private breeders, and in the early 1940s introduced as pets to the general public. That’s right, your kid wanting a hamster is a fault of the Joooooos!
- It’s erev Shabbos Parshat Shoftim! Moses instructs the people of Israel to appoint judges and law enforcement officers in every city. “Justice, justices hall you pursue,” he commands them, and you must administer it without corruption or favoritism. In every generation, says Moses, there will be those entrusted with the task of interpreting and applying the laws of the Torah. “According to the law that they will teach you, and the judgment they will instruct you, you shall do; you shall not turn away from the thing that they say to you, to the right nor to the left.” Go to synagogue and hear the Torah!
…support the Jewish News Skim, click here.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)