Shavua Tov, a good week! Wow, so much crazy news today – an (inauspicious) start to the week.
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- Muslim mob runs through Mall of America terrorizing shoppers to celebrate Eid Al Adha holiday. On Eid Al Adha, Minnesota Muslims flock to the Mall of America by the tens of thousands. During this year’s mall pilgrimage, hundreds of young Muslims, many dressed in traditional Muslim attire, ran through the mall terrorizing shoppers and staff. Witnesses described fights, being afraid, and being hit with pepper spray. Many of those involved shared their joy at terrorizing for their holiday on Facebook. Welkom to the New Amerika, much improved!
- Terror Attacks in Israel!
---- Infiltration into the town of Efrat, in the Shomron, soldier stabbed, terrorist shot (but not killed).
---- Stabbing of soldier in Hebron, terrorist shot and killed. Full video shows the attacker walk up, show his papers, then pull a knife and lunge to kill.
- Bombings in the U.S.!
---- A bomb went off in a New Jersey town along the route of a planned charity run for U.S. marines. 3 additional bombs were found. No one was injured as the first bomb seems to have gone off early. “It was just a matter of minutes, in terms of difference, there would have been a good number of people running past that explosive device.”
---- A bomb went off in Manhattan, injuring 29. Another bomb was found 4 blocks away, following the “pressure cooker” model. A “deafening’’ explosion rocked the Chelsea part of Manhattan, New York, Saturday night, injuring 29 people, blowing out scores of windows and forcing the evacuation of at least two buildings. The strength of the blast sent a construction dumpster flying from the north side of the street to the south sidewalk.
- World Bank confirms, most donations going to Gaza are going to Hamas for military use. Donor funds given to Gaza by the international community never reaches the people of Gaza. Donor funds infused into Gaza since the last war are not used to rebuild the civilian population but to strengthen the Hamas military regime. The World Bank has now confirmed that less than half of the donor funds to rebuild Gaza after Operation Protective Edge actually reach the Gazan economy and people. The majority of donations sent to Gaza are used to try and kill Jews.
- The University of California at Berkeley has suspended a course that taught Anti-Semitic views and was designed to indoctrinate students against Israel. A syllabus for the course says it examines the history of Palestine “through the lens of settler colonialism.” Official taught Anti-Semitism at U.S. universities. Surprised? If so you haven’t been paying attention.
- 20,000 cases of Zika in Puerto Rico, 2,000 just in the last week, including 1,706 pregnant women! 150 people have been hospitalized, including several of the 48 people diagnosed with a temporary paralysis condition linked to Zika known as Guillain-Barre. One person has died from that condition after becoming infected with Zika. In addition, two people who had Zika coupled with other medical conditions have died.
…support the Jewish News Skim, click here.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)