Avoid SHTUSS OVERLOAD yet be an informed smart Jew in under 5 minutes! Here’s the news being talked about by smart Jews today…
Would you be interested in receiving the Skim for Jews by email or by WhatsApp? If there’s interest (comment on the blog site), we’ll make it happen (G-d willing).
- The Wonderland Paradise of Gaza, by Hamas. In a new election video by Hamas, Gaza is portrayed as idyllic paradise. From rubble and poverty to idyllic paradise in a week, where’s the truth? More on the “things are good” side that they would like to admit when begging for international donations and support.
- Islamic Jihadi massacre of the week: Pakistan, 70 civilians blown up in a hospital! Suicide bomber killed at least 70 at a hospital in Quettain, Pakistan. The bomber struck more than 100, mostly lawyers and journalists, crowded into the emergency department to accompany the body of a prominent lawyer, who had killed in the city earlier. The Taliban claimed responsibility.
- Average monthly salary in Israel reaches $2,500 per month. Average salaries in Israel continue to grow higher at about 2 1/2% per year, and remain in first world country range. However, all is not as rosy as it sounds as there is a large difference between average hi-tech worker salaries and service & government sectors, where hi-tech salaries range from 1 1/2 – 3 times the average, while service & government sectors average 1/2 to 3/4 of the average.
- US 3rd party Jewish presidential candidate says would end all aid to “oppressive Israel”. The delusional candidate received less than 1/2 of 1% of the vote when she ran in 2012. She has accused Israel of “the pillage of Palestine” and written that Israel’s “war crimes & human rights violations are off the charts.” Fortunately reality says otherwise, both for her accusations and her campaign, where she can’t even get the 5% support needed to join the presidential debates.
- New Degree guidelines in Israel qualify those who study in kollel for 6 years and pass the Rabbinate test for ordination as “degree holders” and eligible for government jobs requiring a degree. In the U.S., advanced college level religious studies at a religious institution, including Jewish ones, qualify for an actual recognized academic degree. Israel has just now implemented a similar program stating that 6 years of kollel plus passing the 3 Rabbinate tests for ordination are equivalent to an academic degree for government job purposes.
- Zika now found in Palm Beach County, Florida. It appears the spread of Zika throughout Florida may be slowed but not stopped by measures the State is taking. Women in child bearing stage of life in Florida are strongly advised to invest in 3rd world style mosquito nets for their bedrooms, increased modest wear clothing covering arms and legs fully, and implement full mosquito control measures around and inside their homes.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)