Avoid SHTUSS OVERLOAD yet be an informed smart Jew in under 5 minutes! Here’s the news being talked about by smart Jews today…
- Knife Intifada comes to Belgium with attack on police. Two Belgian police officer women were wounded in a machete attack outside a police station in Charleroi. The perpetrator shouted “Allahu Akbar” during the assault before being shot by a third police officer. The city was the home base of the Paris attackers and clearly has a jihadi problem.
- German media declare jihadi attacks are because German society not sufficiently welcoming. “It’s not right that we call an attacker who immigrated to Germany 2 years ago a terrorist but a home grown attacker (of which there are basically no home grown German mass murders – at least not right now) a gunman.”
- Shomron (West Bank) “Palestinians” holding city elections, parties competing on how many Jews they killed. “The party of President Mahmoud Abbas listed one of its main achievements as having “killed 11,000 Israelis.” This is the “moderate” party which the U.S. works with for peace.
- Drone that invaded Israeli air space last month now identified as Russian. A drone that crossed into northern Israel last month belonged to Russia — not Hezbollah, as was initially suspected. The IDF fired two Patriot surface-to-air missiles at the drone, and a third attempt was made to bring it down with an air-to-air missile fired by an Israeli fighter jet – all of which failed. What was a Russian drone out of Syria doing crossing into Israel? Russia says it was an error, Israel suspects a test of air defenses (which failed!)
- Jews now in the “Nine Days”. A negative holiday period where Jews “reduce in simcha-happiness”, this period reflects on the historical destruction of Jerusalem and the Holy Temple to G-d that was there. It culminates in fast day of the 9th of Av that falls on this coming Shabbos – and will therefore be help on next Sunday.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today…
(our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)