Avoid the SHTUSS yet be an informed smart Jew while standing on one leg! Here’s the news being talked about by Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- Students for Justice in Palestine Compiling Lists of Jews on U.S. College Campuses! Anti-Israel Anti-Jewish student group has been compiling lists of Jews and their dorm addresses. The group denies the allegation, saying it is “firmly against all forms of bigotry, including antisemitism”, though regularly attacking Jewish students in the U.S. and posting anti-semitic materials on their dorm rooms.
- IDF announces Personal Home Missile Alert system. At home in Israel, have the A/C on, worried about missing an incoming Arab Peace Rocket trying to kill you and your family? No worries, now you can have your own personal home missile alert system to make a siren for the whole family! Yes this is for real.
- U.S. Green Party Presidential Candidate continues ridiculous anti-Israel statements. “Washington should halt its aid to Israel so long as it continues occupying the Palestinians” said the practically unknown candidate while being televised by CNN. "We will not continue to give you eight million dollars a day when the Israeli army is occupying land in Palestine." Why CNN is giving this 3rd party candidate who can’t break 3% recognition attention we don’t know.
- Ignoring reality, German Chancellor says Arab refugees have not brought terrorism to Germany. More than a million people fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East, Africa and elsewhere arrived in Germany last year. This year demonstrated a series of stabbings, rapes, and mass assaults by refugees, including several claimed by ISIS. But apparently these are all random incidents and not related to the perpetrators screaming “Allah Akbar” while performing them.
- Out of the 8 million citizens of Israel, 108,000 or 1.4% are listed as learning in yeshiva or kollel. After a decline from 2012-2014, yeshiva/kollel students increased last year in Israel – with the drop and increase aligning with changes in government funding for religious support. The study notes that the community is growing and accommodating those who enter the workforce or even the army.
- (Repeat) Americans who wish to vote in the U.S. election from Israel, time to register is almost past. Here’s a link to make registration easy.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)