Avoid the SHTUSS yet be an informed smart Jew while standing on one leg! Here’s the news being talked about by Jews today…
Today’s Skim of the News for Jews – Be a Smart Aleck!
- Iranian patrol boats chase U.S. Missile Destroyer out of Persian Gulf. The U.S. guided-missile destroyer Nitze was followed and harassed by four Iranian patrol boats on Tuesday in the Persian Gulf. How do four tiny patrol boats harass a billion dollar guided missile destroyer that can practically level cities? They simply keep driving at it, threatening to hit it or shoot it while the destroyer yells back “no no, please don’t hurt us”. The U.S. ship fires flares to indicate danger, the Iranian boats ignore. The US ship could easily defend itself…but it’s not allowed to. Video at link.
- Israel authorizes some planning steps for Jewish building in Israel owned & controlled land in Hebron, U.S. State Department loses it’s mind. The Israeli government had granted permission for planning infrastructure in a former military (and now unused) compound in the Jewish area of Hebron. The U.S. State Department immediately lost it’s mind, accusing Israel of destroying the peace and having the nerve to allow Jews to live in Jewish areas. "We strongly oppose all settlement activity, which is corrosive to the cause of peace. And we’ve said repeatedly such moves are not consistent with Israel’s stated desire to achieve a two-state solution."
- IsraAid launches relief effort for Louisiana flood victims. Following torrential downpours which killed over 13 and forced tens of thousands from their homes, Israeli aid organization IsraAid is sending a delegation of aid workers to assist families affected by the worst natural disaster to hit the US since Hurricane Sandy. While the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has designated over 20 counties disaster areas, local residents have been providing their own rescue services. Perhaps with some additional help from Israel, local residents will be able to get the situation under control. Where’s US Federal help? “It wasn't immediately clear when the first help, such as mobile homes, would be set up or how many people would need them. Homeowners with less catastrophic damage may be eligible for a "shelter at home" program that will provide grants up to $15,000”. More than 119,000 households have registered for federal aid but have yet to receive any help.
- The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch located in Israel. A medieval metal hand grenade and 3,500-year-old knife were among a trawl of metal objects, squirreled away in a central Israel home until recently, the Israel Antiquities Authority said Monday. The objects were recently handed over to the authority by a family whose late father had retrieved them from the sea while working at the Hadera power station. The early grenade would have been filled with Greek fire, sealed and hurled at an enemy, a weapon common in Israel from the 11th to 14th centuries CE. It was used during the Crusader, Ayyubid and Mamluk period.
- Short Film aired on Russian TV claims Jews responsible for sinking of the Titanic, the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl, the September 11 terror attacks, and 1991 collapse of the Soviet Union. The show is estimated to have reached 100 million viewers. Commetators say the film aimed to capitalize on the popularity of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in Russia. Russians were angered when viewing the film, while Chinese viewing the film said “wow, smart Jews, how can we be more like them?”
- Photo of the Day…the Medieval Hand Grenade.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today. (our skim is ethnically focused, but we’re thrilled for every reader)