Be informed, be a smart Jew in under 5 minutes. Here’s the news being talked about by smart Jews today…
- More mass murder attacks world wide. Florida (Ft. Myers) – teens, 2 dead, 16 injured after a night of fun in a local club. Japan (Tokyo) – 19 dead, 26 injured in a disability & rehab center. Just as copycat suicide spreads, mass murder and ISIS ideology is spreading. “Inspired terrorism is actually more dangerous than directed terrorism. Directed terrorism is easier to track. There will be planning. There will be communication. There will be money transfers. There’s always a chance that someone will report suspicious activity. Contrast this with inspired attacks in which lone wolves decide to take it upon themselves – for whatever reason, be it anger, religious zealotry, or mental illness – to murder scores of innocent people and screech their allegiance to whatever terrorist entity of the day moves them.”
- China Bans Internet News Reporting as Media Crackdown Widens. China’s top internet regulator ordered major online companies to stop original news reporting. The government imposed the ban on major news portals. The companies have “seriously violated” internet regulations by carrying plenty of news content obtained through original reporting, causing “huge negative effects,”. The agency instructed the operators of mobile and online news services to dismantle “current-affairs news” operations on Friday. Henceforth, they and other services can only carry reports provided by government-controlled print or online media. Good thing we’re not writing from China.
- No large hurricanes in the U.S. for a decade. Despite predictions that the world was faced with increased extreme weather due to human-caused global warming, including more hurricanes that were more powerful, the United States has now set a record for the longest stretch ever recorded, 129 months, without a single major hurricane. Global warming good?
- Lithuania death camp now a wedding venue. In 1941, thousands of Jews were imprisoned, starved and finally massacred by Lithuanian Nazi collaborators at the Seventh Fort in what was then the largest mass killing in the country’s history. Seventh Fort is an 18-acre red-brick bunker complex features massive underground passages and is carpeted with lush grass and flowers whose yellow blooms attract bees and songbirds. It’s also where the remains of 5,000 murdered Jews are buried at the fort in mass graves that are marked by a few poles and rocks and a popular venue for graduation parties and wedding receptions, complete with buffets and barbecues, as well as summer camps for children who enjoy the elaborate treasure hunts around the premises. Literally dancing on Jewish graves.
- U.S. Congressman calls Jews living in the Shomron (West Bank) termites. Democratic U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson made the remarks while speaking at an event sponsored by the U.S. Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation. “There has been a steady [stream], almost like termites can get into a residence and eat before you know that you’ve been eaten up and you fall in on yourself, there has been settlement activity that has marched forward with impunity and at an ever increasing rate to the point where it has become alarming.” We’re alarmed by U.S. Congressmen saying stupid things and supporting propaganda causes for a non-native people.
…and that’s the news of interest to Jews today.