(DailyMail) – Locus Alert in Middle East as plague descends on Egypt and creates PANIC IN ISRAEL (ahhhhhhhhhhh)
A swarm of an estimated 30million insects has been devastating crops in Egypt, fuelling apocalyptic fears because of the infestation’s proximity to the Bible story of Passover (ahhhhhhhh).
As the insects descended on agricultural farms in Giza and in Cairo (Egypt), causing significant damage, fears have been raised that they could spread to Israel. (ahhhhhh) The locusts originated from breeding that has been in progress since November in southeast Egypt.
So here’s Egypts non-panic-y actions, with preparation time since November… “Residents in Cairo burn tires to create black smoke to deter the locust settling there. Egyptian armed forces and border guards are attempting to fight the swarm with all means at their disposal. (Bomb them?)”
And here’s Israel’s PANIC BASED ACTIONS (ahhhhhhh) …
- Israel's Agriculture Ministry set up an emergency hotline and task force. (The Locust Line at 03-968-1500.)
- Israel’s Agriculture Ministry urged residents to be vigilant in reporting sightings of the insects to prevent an outbreak.
- Israeli agriculture officials have prepared crop dusters to spray against the locusts.
- Ministry of Plant Protection and Inspection Service stated “Israel has air and ground-based pesticide systems which are ready for activation”. Suppliers were already contacted to make sure there was enough of the chemical.
- A small swarm was spotted entering Israel today. The ministry was preparing to exterminate the insects overnight Monday or at the latest by sunrise Tuesday morning (hitting them at night since they’re on the ground and don’t move at night).
- Small swarms have also been spotted in southern Gaza Strip. Hamas has threatened retaliation for the zionist bug invasion. Israel’s offer to help was rebuffed with an official statement “if you try to spray bug poison over us, we kill you. And if you don’t help us, we kill you.” UN General Secretary Ban Ki Moon pointed out Israel’s unhelpfulness for offering to help and then not helping when the help was not accepted, and demanded that Israel replace all lost agriculture in the Gaza Strip as the non-present non-occupying occupying power.
Israel is crop dusting to stop them, has stocked up on the pesticides to do it and has the planes at the ready. And has set up a spotter network, alerted the farmers and created a hotline. Oh, and the Yeminite Jews are lining up to harvest the locusts as a culinary (and kosher) treat.
And that means… all is well by the Egyptians and the Jews are in PANIC. Ahhhhhhhhh.
I think I’ll take Israeli panic over Egyptian preparation. And the DailyMail, “subtle” anti-semitic propaganda anyone?