(…says my Yetzer Hara)
It’s almost Purim again…
Purim Charity – matanot l’evyonim. A mitzvah of Purim – everyone is REQUIRED to help the poor and the needy for Purim.
For the past 7 years we at Mystical Paths, Reb Akiva & Rabbi Nati, have offered to be your agent to directly fulfill this mitzvah for you with the poor and needy of Israel, with no overhead, expenses, office fees or advertising fees…
And this year our yezter hara, our evil inclination says…
- It’s too much hassle!
- Let someone else help them!
- You have to build these articles, time better used helping your wife wash the dishes.
- Procrastinate and don’t make a Purim charity video so people won’t know to help (successful effort on the yetzer’s part).
- You end up wasting almost half of Purim day changing money and running around distributing it. You could be giving out Mishloach Manot with your children.
- What if the IRS or somebody thought this was some form of money laundering? You could get in trouble and make a Chillul Hashem!
- Don’t worry, there’s plenty of charities helping the poor. You think you’re some kind of tzadik (righteous man) having to go do it yourself?
MESSAGE FROM REB AKIVA’S YETZER HARA – EVIL INCLINATION
DO NOT help us help the poor for Purim. DO NOT donate below to allow us to directly distribute, with NO OVERHEAD or EXPENSES, directly to the poor and needy on Purim fulfilling the mitzvah of matanot l’evyonim.
** Please give Reb Akiva and Rabbi Nati a break, let them sit around, munch snacks and drink some wine all Purim. Other’s got this charity thing covered – no need to bother them. **
I’m not sure, the evil inclination is very persuasive, maybe he’s right? What do you think? Donate and make us work and run around helping the poor for Purim, or let sit on our tuchis (rear end) and enjoy the pleasures of this world?
YETZER Hara says: “I vote sit! Do not DONATE BELOW!”
** ALL DONATIONS via registered Israeli charity Yesh Ma L’asot. Purim charity campaign supervised by Rabbi Chaim Farro of Ramat Beit Shemesh, Israel. NO overhead or expenses beyond Paypal fees and money changing fees, approximately 4%. YETZER adds, “avoid donating and you don’t have to care.”