by Reb Akiva @ Mystical Paths
- The Syrian civil war has reached the tipping point, hundreds (mostly civilians) are dying each week, the regime is about to deploy chemical weapons and/or chemical and biological weapons are about to fall into the hands of jihadis. (I’m sorry, did you say something, I was watching the finale of my TV show.)
- The EURO zone has to refinance the majority of it’s bonds in the next two weeks. Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy may default or the whole EURO zone may break apart. (Shhhhh, you’re interrupting my checking out the newly pregnant prince’s wife with morning sickness’s fashions.)
- The U.S. President and U.S. Congress are playing a game of economic chicken, the “Fiscal Cliff”, fiddling while the U.S. economy burns down around them. WHETHER they come to an agreement or not NO LONGER MATTERS, as companies have already started their layoffs and pulled back investments due to the uncertainty and increasingly negative business environment – guaranteed to be worse next year regardless. (What are you talking about, the news says the economy is continuing it’s ongoing recovery from the summer of 2009.)
- Egypt is re-melting down as their people quickly got sick of the U.S. supported newly elected president’s efforts to change the country from a secular dictatorship heavily suppressing religion to a religious dictatorship heavily suppressing secularism. This hasn’t slowed down the U.S.’s 2 billion dollar a year economic and military support (and you thought that was just Israel). (The Arab Spring is wonderful, it has freed the Arab lands to enjoy the benefits of democracy!)
- After firing 1,400 missiles directly at Israeli civilians (each an individual international war crime that no one noticed), the Palestinians were rewarded by a U.N. vote to grant them non-state membership status – making them equal to the Vatican. They immediately declared themselves a full fledged state with Jerusalem as it’s capital. All of Europe except for the Czech Republic voted yes, as did most of the world (the U.S. and Canada voted no). (The U.N. is the proper world forum for dealing with issues, as shown by the recent voting of Sudan to the Human Rights Council and Iran to the Council on Women’s Issues.)
And the main issue the world is worried about, that has caused over 30 countries to call in ambassadors for consultations and 3 countries to issue direct threats…
Israel declares it will build 3,000 homes on an empty desert hill on the eastern side of Jerusalem.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH the horror!