by Reb Akiva @ Mystical Paths
Terror is…terrifying. (duh) With a whole single day of hindsight, it’s worth a bit of intellectual examination of my emotional perspective.
Over 1,200 missiles were fired at Israel over 8 days, with over 4 million people targeted. The missiles where specifically, deliberately and EXCLUSIVELY fired at 100% civilian areas. NOT at military bases. NOT at industrial areas (most Israeli industry is clustered in industrial parks). Directly and specifically at the civilians…
…and (almost) no one died (3 civilian, 2 military deaths)
- 0.4% of the missiles were effective AGAINST the Jews.
- 0.0001% of the targeted Jews were killed.
- 0.003% of the targeted Jews were injured.
- 10 times the number of Gaza Arabs were killed BY THEIR OWN missiles falling short as were Israeli Jews.
- During the war you were much more likely to be killed in a car accident than being killed by a missile or by a bombing.
…The statistics of injuries and deaths from missiles falling short directly show that these missiles can be effective in sowing death and injury. BUT WHEN FIRED AT ISRAEL, they weren’t.
Israel is SAFER than the United States. Occasionally terrifying, yes. But safer, without statistical doubt.
That doesn’t make logical sense. And it’s certainly not what you see on the news. BUT IT IS A MEASURABLE STATISTICAL FACT.
I wonder…how can that be?