by Reb Akiva at Mystical Paths
The National Mideast tweets an article that claims, "Settlers slowly kill Bedouin way of life: Jewish expansion in the West Bank..."
What is destroying the Bedouin way of life is 3 things:
1. Darn it the abandoned Land was made to bloom and lots of people (Jewish and Arab) came to live there.
2. All those people who came to live there build - sheez - houses, villages, towns and cities, and worst of all, farms. That tends to get in the way of nomadic herdsmen.
3. The article itself states "education is also a factor". Meaning all those nasty people who came to live in the area had the nerve to offer education to the Bedouin children. Being now capable of doing something other than herd sheep or goats, most of them are choosing to do something else! Oh the nerve.
There's a few final points to make...
- Nomadic tribesmen with 10 children don't have 10 children survive without modern medicine, vaccines and so forth. A gift from your now unwanted neighbors. (Nomadic tribesmen don't build hospitals or medical centers.)
- Those nomadic tribesmen attacked and plundered the arriving Jews from the time they started arriving until after Israeli independence when the Jews could seriously fight back.
- Almost every wall and fence in Israel was built in response to Arab attacks. The walls you complain about now are a direct response to an unceasing homicide bombing campaign. Every roadblock and checkpoint is a block against weapons and attacks.
I do not cry for the Bedouin.
Saturday, July 04, 2009
// 7/04/2009 //