Think living with Hamas is possible and those rockets being fired are just firecrackers that "just do a little bit of damage?" ...
Upon hearing the Color Red alert on an air raid siren, individuals must attempt to get to secure rooms or fortified structures within the following timeframes:
* In communities adjacent to the Israel-Gaza border, residents are instructed to remain in fortified rooms. Mass gatherings are forbidden. These instructions are also relevant to Sderot.
* In communities within 10km of Gaza, residents are instructed to stay within a 15 second distance of a fortified structure or secured room. Mass gatherings are forbidden.
* In communities within 10 to 20km of Gaza, including Ashkelon and Netivot, residents are instructed to be able to reach fortified structures within 30 seconds. Gatherings of up to 100 people are permitted, but only under structures sporting a solid roof.
* In communities within 20 to 30km of Gaza, including Ashdod, Ofakim, Kiryat Malachi, Kiryat Gat, Rahat and the surrounding towns, residents are instructed to be able to reach fortified structures within 45 seconds. Gatherings of up to 500 people are permitted, again only under structures sporting a solid roof.
* Residents of communities of more than 30km from Gaza, including Beersheba, Gadera, Yavne and surrounding towns, have up to one minute to reach fortified structures. In the event of rocket fire on these towns, an air raid siren will sound for 90 seconds.
* According to Home Front Command protocol, it would be safe to leave secured areas within five minutes of the siren, or once an explosion sound has subsided.
Welcome to life with peace partners. Let us learn the lessons from Parshat Ha'azinu by reading, not by life lessons.
BS"D - בסיעתא דשמיא